Building and apartment checklist:
Bring the following Building and Apartment check lists of things to notice when you inspect the apartment:
BUILDING CHECK LIST
- What kind of security system is in the building – doorman, buzzer, locked front door, etc.?
- Does the common area have adequate and functioning lighting? This might be difficult to assess in the daytime, but you can still see what kind of light fixtures are in the lobby or foyer.
- Are the paint and plaster in the lobby in good condition?
- Where are the trash cans? Are they in a place that can be a source of unauthorized entry into the building? Are they in a place that can promote vermin infestation in the building?
- Assess the area: Do you see a lot of people loitering? Is there a restaurant or night club nearby that might interfere with your quiet enjoyment? Are the nearby buildings in good condition?
- Confirm the amenities: where is the laundry room? Is there a trash room? Are there any outdoor common areas?
- How do you contact the superintendent for maintenance?
- Check out the parking arrangements: on street, off street, reserved spot, garage?